Mt. Bethel Elementary School PTA's 6th Annual Read-A-Thon
August 22nd – 28th marks the 2016 Mt. Bethel Read-A-Thon, Go for the Gold! As Mt. Bethel PTA’s largest fundraiser, 95% of Read-A-Thon proceeds help fund items such as classroom subscriptions, counseling programs, support for music, art and PE, Family Fun Night, Spring Thing, Walk to School, Cultural Celebrations and additional PTA sponsored events.
It's time to encourage your Mt. Bethel student to read, read, read and track his/her reading time. You are encouraged to support our Read-A-Thon through a donation of $40 but any donation amount is appreciated. Class prizes will be awarded for most time read (on average) for each grade level! In addition, each teacher with 100% classroom participation will receive a $25 Target Gift Card to be used for a classroom purchase.
Your little Buccaneer may also write an essay on the form included in your packet and be entered to win an essay prize. NEW this year the top five readers from each grade level will be entered into a lottery to win lunch with the Principal!
|Class Most Time Read||100% Classroom Participation||Individual Most Minutes Read||Individual Essay Contest|
1st Place & 2nd Place Classes Per Grade Level
Yogli Mogli Parties
$25 Target Gift Card
Top 5 Winners per grade put in lottery – one winner per grade level has lunch with the Principal
One Winner Per Grade Level:
Our Goal: $29,000 and 100% student participation
Forms and Information:
- Essay Form for Grades K-2
- Essay Form for Grades 3-5
- Welcome Letter to Parents
- Toolkit Instructions
- Reading Log
- Form to complete for Teachers
August 18 – Packets go out to students.
August 22 – August 28 – Read-A-Thon Reading!
August 31 – Last day to submit reading minutes and donations online and to submit essays to teachers
We appreciate you! All students who enter their reading minutes and donations on PTA Toolkit will receive a Read-A-Thon bag tag and a Willy's Mexican Grill bookmark with a coupon for a free kid’s meal. All students who raise a minimum of $40 will also receive a Sparkles coupon, an Xdrenaline coupon, as well as a coupon booklet for The Avenue shops worth $400 in savings!
- ONLY READING OUTSIDE OF REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS COUNTS! Reading during ASP, on the bus to/from school and before school begins at 7:45 a.m. counts. Encourage your child to read books at an appropriate level. Students receive credit for time spent reading (or being read to by an adult if in Kindergarten or 1st Grade). Reading for HOMEWORK counts. Books, newspapers and magazines may be read as part of the Read-A-Thon!
- The deadline for online payment and recording of minutes is August 31st. Write an Essay about Your Favorite Book to EARN BONUS MINUTES and a chance for an individual gift card. Essay Sheets have been created separately for K-2 and 3-5 and were included in the packet sent home. Additional forms can be downloaded above.
- Encourage your child to write a summary about a book they read during the week and they will earn bonus minutes to add to their Reading Log. Essays are due August 31stto your child’s teacher. We will select one essay winner per grade level who will win a $25 Target Gift Card and recognition on MBTV!
We appreciate your support at home during the Read-A-Thon! We hope to make this one of Mt. Bethel Elementary PTA’s most successful events—both in terms of participation and money raised. Remember – OVER 95% OF THE MONEY RAISED GOES BACK TO MT. BETHEL PTA PROGRAMS!
ONLINE DONATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you, Heidi Bozzelli and Kari Figueroa – Fall Fundraiser Co-Chairs